The Spouse List shows all the spouses for the current individual along with the date and location of their marriage.
The Spouse List is reached by clicking the Wife or Spouses icon (bottom-left) in the Husband box or the Husband or Spouses icon (bottom-left) in the Wife box. It can also be reached by choosing Spouse List from the View tab on the Ribbon bar.
Selecting a Spouse to Display
To change the current spouse displayed with the current individual, select the desired spouse in the Spouse List and click Select. You can also double-click on the desired spouse to select him/her.
Changing the Order of Marriages
If you want to change the order of the entries in the Spouse List:
Highlight the line you want to move by clicking on it.
Click the up or down button in the lower right corner of the window to move the line up or down in the list.
To sort the Spouse List by the marriage date, click Sort. All marriages with no marriage date are sorted to the top and the rest are displayed in date order.
Setting a Spouse as "Preferred"
To set a different spouse as Preferred, highlight the spouse you want to set as Preferred and click Set to Preferred in the lower left corner.
A Preferred spouse is the spouse automatically shown when their husband or wife is selected or displayed on the Family or Pedigree View as you navigate through your ancestors and descendants. This avoids having to ask which spouse to display each time you change generations. The spouse that is currently set as Preferred has an asterisk in the P column of the Spouse List.
Adding a New Spouse
To add a new spouse to the Spouse List, click Add New Wife (or Add New Husband) at the bottom of the window. From the Add window, click the Add a NEW person button. The Information Screen is displayed. Fill in the new information and click Save.
Linking to an Existing Spouse
To link the current individual as a spouse to someone else that is already in the Family File, click Add New Wife (or Add New Husband) at the bottom of the window. From the Add window, click the Link to an EXISTING person button. The Name List displays and you can select an existing individual to add to the list.
Unlinking a Spouse
To remove the marriage link of the current individual from a spouse in the Spouse List:
1. Highlight the spouse you want to unlink.
2. Click Unlink on the right side of the window. The Unlink window is displayed. This window shows the name of the current individual from whom the spouse will be unlinked along with a list of any children that are currently linked to these two people. If you continue with the unlinking, the children will remain linked to the current individual but will be unlinked from the spouse.
3. If you are sure you want to unlink this spouse, click Yes. Otherwise, click Cancel to abort the command.
Deleting a Spouse
To delete a spouse from the Spouse List:
1. Highlight the name of the spouse you want to delete.
2. Click Delete. The Delete window appears showing the names of those who will be affected by this deletion. These include the parents of the person being removed, (who will be unlinked from a child), the current individual who is the husband or wife of the person being deleted, and the children of the marriage (who will be unlinked from a mother or father).
3. If you are sure you want to delete this person, click Yes. Otherwise, click Cancel to abort the deletion.
9-1174 : 00924