Adding Sound and Video
The Media Gallery is reached by clicking the button on the Family View or by clicking on any existing picture displayed on either the Family View or Pedigree View.
The Display Picture window is displayed by clicking the Add Media button on the Media Gallery screen and then choosing Picture.
The Sound Center window is reached by clicking the Sound… button on the Display Picture screen.
Adding a Sound File
To add a stand-alone sound file:
1. Click the Add Media button in the Media Gallery and then choose Sound.
2. Specify the drive and folder where the sound file can be found. Sound files can be attached to specific pictures or as stand-alone sound files. Any picture can have a sound file associated with it. Sound files are files with a .WAV, .MP3, .MID, or .WMA extension.
To attach a sound file to a picture:
1. Click on the picture you want to add the sound to - to select it.
2. Click on the Options button and choose Edit from the popup menu.
3. Click the Sound... button on the Display Picture window. The Sound Center box displays.
Loading a Sound File
To load an existing sound file:
1. Click the Load button.
2. From the Load Sound File dialog box, select the desired file.
3. Once it is loaded, you can play the sounds by clicking the Play button.
4. Click OK to attach this sound file to the current picture.
Recording a New Sound File
To record a sound file, you must have a setup that includes a microphone and a sound board in your computer.
To begin the recording process, click Record. You can record up to two minutes.
When you are done, click the Stop button.
You can play the recorded sound back by clicking the Play button.
You can record over the existing file by clicking the Record button again.
When you are satisfied with the recording, click Save and then select the folder to save the sound record.
Adding a Video File
To load a video file:
1. Click the Add Media button on the Media Gallery and then choose Video. The Load Video File dialog appears.
2. Make sure the correct drive and subdirectory are selected, type in the desired video file name and then clicking OK (or double-click the file name).
You can play a video clip by first clicking in the caption area under the video you want to see and then clicking the Play button.